Facebook Discussion

SeeFly
    Official Marketing Member

Male Posts : 11

Facebook Discussion

Post by SeeFly on Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:24 pm

A facebook page is a must-have when it comes to advertising a product (or anything non-profit, which we are.) I'm sure many of us already know that. It should be the center of our web that holds everything together. People will be on facebook more often than a messageboard, so it's convenient for them to receive all the news on a FB page.

I think that it should be the first thing we do before we start using other outlets of media. With that being said, I feel we should start off by discussing certain aspects about the page before we officially create it.

1. When should we launch the facebook fan page? I think the answer to this question should remain in the hands of Adrian. Just give us the green light.

2. Who wants to be administrators? I'm assuming all the marketing members want to be admin. including most of the developers and writers

3. We need pictures, videos, updates, EVERYTHING in order to keep it active and engaging for the fans.

Any other questions and ideas, please share!!
    LordGarza
    Official Writer
    Official Writer

Male Posts : 425

Re: Facebook Discussion

Post by LordGarza on Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:20 pm

I think we should do this, but not now. This project is barely starting, and making so much advertising right now without something to show would be a huge mistake, or that's what I think. However, this is a great idea and should be done in about 2 months or so I think, when we have actually some improvements to show to the people. That way we can actively post updates, videos, sketches, etc.
    SeeFly

Male Posts : 11

Post by SeeFly on Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:11 pm

Yes I completely agree, but it doesn't hurt to have some ideas down before we begin, it will be easier to get started when the time comes.

I guess I created this thread so it's open for discussion within those 2-3 months

So everyone should feel free to leave their ideas regarding the facebook page Smile

ONLYUSEmeFEET
    V.I.P. Developer
    V.I.P. Developer

Male Posts : 32

Post by ONLYUSEmeFEET on Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:39 pm

I'm not really great at marketing, but I'll leave a suggestion regardless. I think, in a few months once the page is established we should try to befriend the 100k for MML3 page as that would give us tons of support from fans and probably exponentially increase the number of users here. I'm sure we'd get some trolls as well, but I'm sure we'd mostly get people willing to help this project.
    prince_david
    Official Programmer
    Official Programmer

Male Posts : 59

Post by prince_david on Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:32 pm

ONLYUSEmeFEET wrote:I'm not really great at marketing, but I'll leave a suggestion regardless. I think, in a few months once the page is established we should try to befriend the 100k for MML3 page as that would give us tons of support from fans and probably exponentially increase the number of users here. I'm sure we'd get some trolls as well, but I'm sure we'd mostly get people willing to help this project.
    Great point! I think we should work on this quickly when the emotions are hot and the 100k strong page is so constantly being updated. Let's get our own facebook page and see if we can get the 100k page to give us a shout or link on the side.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:37 pm