Proof that Capcom cares more about money than they care about their fans.

Adrian2040
    Admin and Lead Director
    Admin and Lead Director

Male Posts : 648

Proof that Capcom cares more about money than they care about their fans.

Post by Adrian2040 on Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:45 am

http://press.capcom.com/pressreleases.asp

SAN DIEGO – July 22, 2011 – Capcom® Entertainment, Inc., a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, and Sanrio, Inc., creator of beloved icon Hello Kitty®, today announced a partnership to create a new line of co-branded Street Fighter™ themed merchandise that will launch in fall 2012. The collaboration will be a fusion of the unique styles of these world-famous brands, yielding a broad range of merchandise featuring Hello Kitty dressed in the distinct costumes from the Street Fighter series of video games.

Capcom has long admired Sanrio and their ability to create memorable and cherished lifestyle brands so it is a distinct pleasure to partner with them for this new cross-over line of merchandise,” said Joshua Izzo, Director of Licensing, Capcom Entertainment, Inc. “The combination of Street Fighter and Hello Kitty will offer fans a whole new way to experience our characters.”

We are always looking for new ways to surprise our fans and partnering with a strong brand-focused company such as Capcom is a natural fit for us,” said Jill Koch, Vice President of Brand Management and Marketing, Sanrio, Inc. “Hello Kitty and Street Fighter have a dedicated core following around the world and our collaboration brings the legacy of both brands together in a fun and unexpected way.”

Specific details on the co-branded merchandise and retailer availability will be released at a later date.

OniLink++
    Official Programmer
    Official Programmer

Male Posts : 76

Re: Proof that Capcom cares more about money than they care about their fans.

Post by OniLink++ on Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:04 am

What? WHAT?!
    **** YOU CAPCOM!
    General Specific
    Lead Designer
    Lead Designer

Male Posts : 1059

Post by General Specific on Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:06 am

Old SDCC news, of course. I'm absolutely not surprised they'd just go for cash—that's all these former pachinko company executives can think of.

Let's not get nosy, bub.
    DJ-P0N3
    Official Artist
    Official Artist

Post by DJ-P0N3 on Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:30 am

they already went with KISS themed hello kitty merchandise. No brand is safe, I'd say.
    Mikey
    Official Writer
    Official Writer

Male Posts : 49

Post by Mikey on Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:43 am

I thought we already knew this... :\

Capcom is just a corporate machine with no common sense. If I were to say anymore I'd be flat out trolling them, which is something I've been trying really hard to not do, but it _is_ pretty sad that they don't care about the emotions of their consumers.
    prince_david
    Official Programmer
    Official Programmer

Male Posts : 59

Post by prince_david on Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:27 am

Hello Kitty and Street Fighter but no Mega Man X in UMVC!
    Rockman Striker
    Official Artist
    Official Artist

Male Posts : 211

Post by Rockman Striker on Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:19 pm

I´m still trying to figure out if this is a bad joke or what.
    MaestroMaharg
    DASH Designer
    DASH Designer

Male Posts : 465

Post by MaestroMaharg on Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:46 am

That is actually pretty funny! Razz
    but, it is also quite dissapointing how CAPCOM beleives that Kittens dressed like Street Fighter characters is a better investment than Megaman Legends 3.
    Skybane Zero
    DASH Writer
    DASH Writer

Male Posts : 206

Post by Skybane Zero on Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:09 am

This... is just sad...
    Really.

Official Multitasking Developer

Male Posts : 47

Post by nikklament on Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:31 am

Normally I'd laugh at something this ridiculous, but this time it's only making me hate Capcom even more.

Nightgazer13
    Visitor
    Visitor

Post by Nightgazer13 on Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:11 pm

You should never have diluded yourself into believing otherwise. Capcom is a business, and it's a rare business indeed that cares more about the fans of their product than they do about the cash that product can bring them. The dev teams might actually care about such things, but the execs pulling the strings typically only look at things from the monetary end.
    nikklament

Male Posts : 47

Post by nikklament on Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:07 pm

Nightgazer13 wrote:You should never have diluded yourself into believing otherwise. Capcom is a business, and it's a rare business indeed that cares more about the fans of their product than they do about the cash that product can bring them. The dev teams might actually care about such things, but the execs pulling the strings typically only look at things from the monetary end.
    Exactly! I remember one of my favorite commentators/ranters, RandomDCE saying that any time someone asks why a studio/company/etc does/makes something, the answer is always summed up by a Tom & Jerry Movie quote "We've got to have...Money!"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:20 am