Are you serious?

TheTroll13
    Visitor
    Visitor

Are you serious?

Post by TheTroll13 on Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:58 pm

No offence, but are you people complete idiots? The game just got cancelled and you're going to attempt to make it yourself, well many many many problems with that.

1)I doubt anybody that was actually looking forward to MML3 that actually has self respect will not accept this thing.

2)Do you even have ANYONE already on the team? or were you just hoping that you could say "OH HEY IMMA MAKING MML3, JOIN ME!!!" because that is the most idiotic plan ever devised and this will ultimately fail.

3) Do you know how hard it is to actually make a game? seriously, never mind one with 3D models, sorry, WORKING 3D models, trust me if you keep up with that you are doomed even more.

4) if you want to do the MM series any justice, give up right now. It doesn't need another failure of a game annoying everyone.

Basically just give up as this is an idiotic idea and has no hope of actually getting to a demo stage never mind a full production stage, take this advise and just stop right here before you get your hopes up to far only to have them crushed again.
    MaestroMaharg
    DASH Designer
    DASH Designer

Male Posts : 465

Re: Are you serious?

Post by MaestroMaharg on Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:05 pm

Considering your name has "troll" in it, im not sure wether you are serious or not, but this message will be addressed to you if you are serious;

I am also very weary of a 3D adaptation of this game I'll have you know that I am wholly opting for a 2D RPG game rather than a 3D one, as it will be next to impossible.

As far as "another failed Megaman Legends game", please visit "Sky Pirate Arcade" for some great games especially Megaman Digger.
    And the only ones who would attempt something such as this is someone who has a passion for the series, not someone such as yourself.

Please, if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Adrian, keep a close eye on this one...
    Adrian2040
    Admin and Lead Director
    Admin and Lead Director

Male Posts : 648

Post by Adrian2040 on Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:12 pm

You said yourself. His name is TheTroll13. He is THE Troll and his number is 13. But still:

1) Cancelled games are almost never put back on production. At least not officially or by the same developers.

2) It would have been true many hours ago, but a lot of people started to apply. The team is growing. A lot of people have PM'd me and emailed me to apply for help, though they still haven't registered since I just finished making this forum a bit ago. (Though it's really not finished.)

3) I know how hard it's to make a game. I've studied videogame design and I do know how to code with 3D models. Also, I never said we would finish this game in a blink of a second.

4) People were not annoyed because Capcom released a bad MegaMan Legends 3 game, but rather because it wasn't released at all. In fact, MegaMan Legends 3 looked really good. Don't determine the quality of this fan game just because it's not being made by Capcom.

Visitor

Post by MaxRock on Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:53 pm

I think you already started the game in same, wrong way Capcom did "let's do it but, give us all materials, ideas etc!" (Every game project ends like MML3 when you allows unexperienced peoples(in this case fans) to decide on stuff in the developement.) For now it looks like one of the dozens of failed hyped uprisings we already had. First work underground,get the team, then when all is okay(basic stuff, like the game's engine is done) and promising go with it to peoples and then build the hype, not inversely. Otherwise it will end with even bigger disgust than official Legends 3 did. Why to hurt peoples more? Regardless, I wish this project best of luck, because if not fans themselves, then who else? Just remember, you have to finish what you have started, there's no turning back now.
    Adrian2040
    Admin and Lead Director
    Admin and Lead Director

Post by Adrian2040 on Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:08 pm

I know. I will finish this game or else I'd be the biggest hypocrite in the world. (And I hate hypocrites. I have bad experiences with them from my childhood.)

We still haven't started any real production. We are right now mostly in the conceptual stages and in the recruitment stage. The good news is that I've been able to contact and recruit some talented people, so this looks like a great start.

Visitor

Male Posts : 13

Post by Chaotic Chao on Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:21 pm

Well I hope we're all done feeding the The Troll. 13.

I guess since this fangame is letting the members submit their ideas, it's a lot like MML3 and the devroom in that way. And it's more than just character and reaverbot designs too.

Now, I don't know how this game is going to turn out, but I don't see the point in trying to get everyone to stop. That's pretty stupid. =p
    General Specific
    Lead Designer
    Lead Designer

Male Posts : 1059

Post by General Specific on Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:35 pm

I'm just here for the drinks!

—I kid, but this is a self-title troll we're dealing with. No matter how this all turns out, I'll enjoy it. I enjoyed myself even as the writing was on the wall for Legends 3—no-one shared that optimism over at the Devroom, or even any good humor!

Let's not get nosy, bub.
    Adrian2040
    Admin and Lead Director
    Admin and Lead Director

Post by Adrian2040 on Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:44 pm

And I just noticed the Sheep reference.

Lead Designer

Male Posts : 1059

Post by General Specific on Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:46 pm

Let's keep private matters out of the public. It isn't good for any of us, lol.

Let's not get nosy, bub.
    Maverinox
    Official Designer
    Official Designer

Male Posts : 12

Post by Maverinox on Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:22 pm

You can't escape the trolls. This amused me a bit, haha.

And you don't know 'till you try, Mr. Troll.
    Skybane Zero
    DASH Writer
    DASH Writer

Male Posts : 206

Post by Skybane Zero on Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:39 pm

Seriously... someone who just joined to troll us...?

Official Musician

Male Posts : 68

Post by rekka_zan on Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:23 pm

MaxRock wrote:I think you already started the game in same, wrong way Capcom did "let's do it but, give us all materials, ideas etc!" (Every game project ends like MML3 when you allows unexperienced peoples(in this case fans) to decide on stuff in the developement.) For now it looks like one of the dozens of failed hyped uprisings we already had. First work underground,get the team, then when all is okay(basic stuff, like the game's engine is done) and promising go with it to peoples and then build the hype, not inversely. Otherwise it will end with even bigger disgust than official Legends 3 did. Why to hurt peoples more? Regardless, I wish this project best of luck, because if not fans themselves, then who else? Just remember, you have to finish what you have started, there's no turning back now.
    I won't reply to the troll, but I'll reply to this one.
    One thing that made MML3 Project became a lot more interesting than ever is the DevRoom. It is a great pleasure to share your ideas and thoughts in creating something that you like. In fan made project, it's especially important to keep in touch with people. Not only it would give the developers important feedback, it will also give us mental support (believe me, it's crucial when you're working for free).

As for the recruitment, yes, what we're doing right now might seem like we're just recruiting random people. But this is just the beginning. We already planned to make an organized team, and with a Leading Man in each division (programming, visuals, design, etc) to coordinate the team and make guidelines. In other words, we're planning to do this as professional as possible. Ideas will always be heard, but the final designs, development, and decision making, all are being done in a closed Developer Forum so that everything will stay organized (and you know what, some posts in the open forum are redundant to what we discuss in our "DevRoom" tongue ).

Worst case scenario, some people might give up. Capcom might sue us. But so what? The most important thing when starting a project is to believe that the project will be finished, and that the project will end up good. If we're being negative all the time, then we're just the same as Crapcom, who canceled MML3 (probably) because they think it won't sell well.
    Jesse
    Official Artist
    Official Artist

Male Posts : 35

Post by Jesse on Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:36 am

Yes we're serious.

End of thread.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:52 am