What the fans wanted.

WhiteBonne
    Official Programmer
    Official Programmer

What the fans wanted.

Post by WhiteBonne on Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:46 pm

Hopefully this time, I may be able to use this since it seems Greg was never really able to get any response about it from the CoJ devteam.

For those that don't know, I held a lot of voting topics where people suggested ideas and voted on them. A lot of great ideas are here and I think Project Legends should consider these votes as development continues, and hopefully I may be able to do more votes like this later in this projects cycle once things start a-going.

Anyway, not demanding any of it, just posting it so people can read it and get a feel for how fans thought on certain issues, and maybe bringing up ones we've forgotten.

Located here: http://mml3-project-servbots.wikia.com/index.php?title=Community_Voting_Records

Since it's a lot, I'll just post here the biggest supported ones for easy viewing. (It's missing one vote cycle that I never got around to adding... *needs to find it before it disappears)

The Can. (78+/0-)

Teisel Bonne needs to be VA'd by Rob Smith. (72+/0-) - (This was before certain facts came out, and not possible with this project anyway >_____>;;Wink

New Game + Mode (All Special weapons you had unlocked are carried over) (77+/0-)

Avoid using the stylus to control Mega Man. (69+/0-) - (Again not a with this project problem and was before the prototype had even been announced)

Have ruins be found in more diverse locations, and have their design reflect that. For example, having a ruin built within a mountain as opposed to just being underground. (47+/0-)

Have a large challenge dungeon that can be completed post game or near the end that is extremely difficult. It would reward the player with bonus items or extra story content. (45+/0-)

Better underwater moving mechanics. (49+/0-)

Edich
    Lead Writer
    Lead Writer

Male Posts : 420

Re: What the fans wanted.

Post by Edich on Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:28 pm

As far as ruins are considered, I'm sure General is already thinking about challenge and diversity, it hasn't been heavily touched on since he's still organizing his design team, but talking to him at the devroom, here, and on iScribble says that that is definitely something we're considering.

Underwater moving mechanics are probably guaranteed, we have lots of ideas for the jet skates, etc. for giving MM more mobility so that'll come up. Besides, wasn't the slowness of the underwater dungeons caused by frame-rate issues of some sort? Anyway, yes, I'd definitely like better underwater mechanics, maybe even the whole "repeated jump to swim" thing.

The Can is relatively easy to implement and is pretty much an MML staple, it'll most likely make it's way in there.

New Game + is probably going to happen.

Good to get this information, looking over the other suggestions now.

We're also going to try hard to implement entries from the devroom contest, provided we can get permission from the creators.

Lead Designer
    Lead Designer

Male Posts : 1059

Post by General Specific on Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:25 pm

I'll call you when I have a design team to organize, Edich.

Let's not get nosy, bub.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:10 am