Capcom's Sales fall by 37%

Adrian2040
    Admin and Lead Director
    Admin and Lead Director

Male Posts : 648

Capcom's Sales fall by 37%

Post by Adrian2040 on Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:11 pm

Capcom today released its sale results for the first fiscal quarter in 2011 that ended June 30.

The company reported net sales of 11,953 billion yen, a 37 percent drop from the 19,037 billion yen it reported in the first quarter last year. Capcom did see an increase in profit for the quarter, reporting 338 million yen, a 58 percent increase from the same quarter last year.

During this time, the company shipped Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D - which moved 400,000 units worldwide - Super Street Fighter Ⅳ Arcade Edition - 300,000 units - and Monster Hunter Freedom 3 in Japan - 100,000 units.

(BTW, now anything regarding Capcom can be considered MML3 news!)

Official Writer

Male Posts : 425

Re: Capcom's Sales fall by 37%

Post by LordGarza on Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:56 am

If so, I want to inform that a company everyone knows and hates now (A.K.A. CAPCOM) may make a SSF4:AE for 3DS... WHY, CAPCOM, WHY?
    nikklament
    Official Multitasking Developer
    Official Multitasking Developer

Male Posts : 47

Post by nikklament on Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:31 pm

My guess, since these reports came out before the cancellation of Mega Man Legends 3, is that people are finally getting sick of them putting out the same game with minor additions. Now between their mascot having no games in its future (Rockman Online notwithstanding), Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D's one-save cartridges, DmC's universally-hated redesign of Dante, deciding to release a new MvC 3 instead of delivering the DLC they promised, and people losing interest in their new games, I forsee their sales dropping even more.
    LordGarza
    Official Writer
    Official Writer

Male Posts : 425

Post by LordGarza on Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:42 am

ZOMG! MegaMan Junno doing predictions? priceless Very Happy I think these sales will be lower than 50%.

foiden
    Lead Musician
    Lead Musician

Post by foiden on Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:13 pm

Monster Hunter 3 is one of the main Capcom games I see still getting a lot of love. To a degree, it's been a good franchise for them, and they've treated it fairly well (so far). My guess that the only reason they can state it sold only 100,000 copies at that time, is simply the saturation point hit way before that quarter. They probably are already working with the trickle buyers who are way late in the game of picking up MHF3 when everybody else already has it.

I'd be more interested in seeing what happens going forward. That would be the more tell-tale strategy. I could see perhaps the HD remakes of Veronica and RE4 selling to 360 owners who never picked up the Gamecube game, or missed Veronica in the last gen.

Capcom's (quick expansion pack fighting game strategy) not selling very fast is of no surprise. That's what happens when you keep releasing (improved versions of the same stuff) too quickly behind each other, and charge a big enough price for it. I'd imagine the quick turnaround of the MvC3 ultimate release is not exactly what people (who bought the DLC) wanted to hear. (Boy I'm glad I avoided every DLC Capcom charged for a fighting game, so far). Why ever buy the DLC, when you'll likely see it all shortly included in an improved release, in addition to whatever extras that new release already has. Saves you money, and improves the value of the new release.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:54 am