Wild Mass Guessing

    Share

    ChromaColors
    Official Artist
    Official Artist

    Female Posts : 122
    Join date : 2011-08-13
    Age : 22
    Location : Tennessee

    Wild Mass Guessing

    Post by ChromaColors on Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:34 pm

    Theory Numero Uno: Berrett is an orphan.

    The reason: There seem to be no adults trying to keep him contained.

    Story: Barrett lost his parents to ReaverBots. He was there, which lead to...


    Theory Numero Dos: Half of Berrett's face was torn off.

    The reason: That metal plate that covers the left side of his face must be covering something!

    Story: Barrett lost his face to the same ReaverBots who killed his parents.
    avatar
    Adrian2040
    Admin and Lead Director
    Admin and Lead Director

    Male Posts : 648
    Join date : 2011-07-19
    Age : 24
    Location : Lima, Peru

    Re: Wild Mass Guessing

    Post by Adrian2040 on Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:10 pm

    I tried to deny the possibilites, but your first theory could actually work.

    Though, I doubt the reaverbots killing his parent would work. Barrett is supposed to act like a cool, yet a bit mysterious guy. Normally people who's parents' were killed end up like Batman.

    EDIT: Pun not intended!


    _________________

    ChromaColors
    Official Artist
    Official Artist

    Female Posts : 122
    Join date : 2011-08-13
    Age : 22
    Location : Tennessee

    Re: Wild Mass Guessing

    Post by ChromaColors on Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:20 pm

    Adrian2040N wrote:I tried to deny the possibilites, but your first theory could actually work.

    Though, I doubt the reaverbots killing his parent would work. Barrett is supposed to act like a cool, yet a bit mysterious guy. Normally people who's parents' were killed end up like Batman.

    EDIT: Pun not intended!

    BUT, just because he lost his family he doesn't have to be a total BrightBatman. He just pushes on, making a new family in the form of his gang. Though his past may lead to some thinking about how lucky he was to be alive, this would lead him to be a better person.

    ChromaColors
    Official Artist
    Official Artist

    Female Posts : 122
    Join date : 2011-08-13
    Age : 22
    Location : Tennessee

    Re: Wild Mass Guessing

    Post by ChromaColors on Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:23 pm

    And besides, don't we all want to know what's beneath that piece of metal on his face?
    avatar
    Adrian2040
    Admin and Lead Director
    Admin and Lead Director

    Male Posts : 648
    Join date : 2011-07-19
    Age : 24
    Location : Lima, Peru

    Re: Wild Mass Guessing

    Post by Adrian2040 on Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:28 pm

    ChromaColors wrote:And besides, don't we all want to know what's beneath that piece of metal on his face?
    Tell that to Barrel...


    _________________

    ChromaColors
    Official Artist
    Official Artist

    Female Posts : 122
    Join date : 2011-08-13
    Age : 22
    Location : Tennessee

    Re: Wild Mass Guessing

    Post by ChromaColors on Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:43 pm

    Adrian2040N wrote:
    ChromaColors wrote:And besides, don't we all want to know what's beneath that piece of metal on his face?
    Tell that to Barrel...

    He'd understand.
    avatar
    Adrian2040
    Admin and Lead Director
    Admin and Lead Director

    Male Posts : 648
    Join date : 2011-07-19
    Age : 24
    Location : Lima, Peru

    Re: Wild Mass Guessing

    Post by Adrian2040 on Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:44 pm

    ChromaColors wrote:
    Adrian2040N wrote:
    ChromaColors wrote:And besides, don't we all want to know what's beneath that piece of metal on his face?
    Tell that to Barrel...

    He'd understand.
    Barrel's name is also identical to Barret's. The only difference is the last letter of their names.


    _________________

    ChromaColors
    Official Artist
    Official Artist

    Female Posts : 122
    Join date : 2011-08-13
    Age : 22
    Location : Tennessee

    Re: Wild Mass Guessing

    Post by ChromaColors on Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:10 pm

    Adrian2040N wrote:
    ChromaColors wrote:
    Adrian2040N wrote:
    ChromaColors wrote:And besides, don't we all want to know what's beneath that piece of metal on his face?
    Tell that to Barrel...

    He'd understand.
    Barrel's name is also identical to Barret's. The only difference is the last letter of their names.

    LeGasp! They must be the same person!!

    ChromaColors
    Official Artist
    Official Artist

    Female Posts : 122
    Join date : 2011-08-13
    Age : 22
    Location : Tennessee

    Re: Wild Mass Guessing

    Post by ChromaColors on Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:37 pm

    Theory Numero tres: Lex Loath will appear as a minor antagonist, bringing Glyde with him.

    The reason: It would be hilarious to see him try to trick the Casketts into taking a loan, only to be foiled by the Bonnes who recognoze him and promptly lay a smackdown on the poor needle nose.

    Story: Lex Loath, who had just escaped from jail, learns of the plan to get MegaMan off Elysium. Naturally, he believes that it would never work, but he decides to attempt to loan the Casketts a huge amount of money in hopes of being able to force them into working for him. Of course, the Bonnes recognize him when they catch him attempting to convince Barrel into agreeing to the loan. You can pretty much guess what happens.
    Here's a hint: Freshly constructed electric catfish to the rescue!
    avatar
    Adrian2040
    Admin and Lead Director
    Admin and Lead Director

    Male Posts : 648
    Join date : 2011-07-19
    Age : 24
    Location : Lima, Peru

    Re: Wild Mass Guessing

    Post by Adrian2040 on Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:43 pm

    I think it was hinted at MegaMan Legends 2 that Lex Loath died at some point.


    _________________

    ChromaColors
    Official Artist
    Official Artist

    Female Posts : 122
    Join date : 2011-08-13
    Age : 22
    Location : Tennessee

    Re: Wild Mass Guessing

    Post by ChromaColors on Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:50 pm

    Adrian2040 wrote:I think it was hinted at MegaMan Legends 2 that Lex Loath died at some point.

    If he did then he most certainly deserved it. I hate him for harassing our favorite trio of terror! Especially the poor little ServBots!
    avatar
    MaestroMaharg
    DASH Designer
    DASH Designer

    Male Posts : 465
    Join date : 2011-07-19
    Location : Canada

    Re: Wild Mass Guessing

    Post by MaestroMaharg on Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:09 pm

    The first theory sounds possible.
    The second, eh, not so much. Either way, cool theories.
    avatar
    Steffie
    Normal User
    Normal User

    Female Posts : 32
    Join date : 2011-08-17
    Age : 31

    Re: Wild Mass Guessing

    Post by Steffie on Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:59 pm

    I must admit that I find the first theory to be quite interesting. It could also explain Barrett's face-plate.

    ChromaColors
    Official Artist
    Official Artist

    Female Posts : 122
    Join date : 2011-08-13
    Age : 22
    Location : Tennessee

    Re: Wild Mass Guessing

    Post by ChromaColors on Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:18 pm

    Theory Numero Quatro: Tinker will be found in a hole, and if you check that hole again you can get either a huge amount of money or a buster part.

    The reason: This would make a neat reference to the hording behavior of real ferrets.

    Story: In the ruin that Barrett is exploring he finds a hole in a dead end. Aero, being a spotter, will notice that there appears to be a tiny ReaverBot in the nook, so Barrett checks it. What he finds is a ferret like ReaverBot and he takes the little guy with him. Tinker had hoarded something in the hole, so check it again.
    avatar
    Steffie
    Normal User
    Normal User

    Female Posts : 32
    Join date : 2011-08-17
    Age : 31

    Re: Wild Mass Guessing

    Post by Steffie on Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:34 pm

    That's a good theory. I like the little detail of ferrets hording things as well.
    avatar
    MaestroMaharg
    DASH Designer
    DASH Designer

    Male Posts : 465
    Join date : 2011-07-19
    Location : Canada

    Re: Wild Mass Guessing

    Post by MaestroMaharg on Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:14 pm

    ChromaColors wrote:Theory Numero Quatro: Tinker will be found in a hole, and if you check that hole again you can get either a huge amount of money or a buster part.

    The reason: This would make a neat reference to the hording behavior of real ferrets.

    Story: In the ruin that Barrett is exploring he finds a hole in a dead end. Aero, being a spotter, will notice that there appears to be a tiny ReaverBot in the nook, so Barrett checks it. What he finds is a ferret like ReaverBot and he takes the little guy with him. Tinker had hoarded something in the hole, so check it again.
    I have a feeling that in the Prototype version, Tinker would be with the Bright Bats from the very beggining, but I could easily be wrong.

    Now, I'm assuming that the encounter with Tinker you described would have to be mandatory, because since Tinker would be an important part, the first encounter with Tinker would have to be guaranteed to happen.

    I think a cutscene would be more appropriate, but that's not to say that doesn't mean we can't explore the "real ferret" side of him. Maybe the first we see of Tinker is him carrying a refractor into is "hideout", or something that instantly lets Tinker come across as a "sneaky lil' Ferret".

    ChromaColors
    Official Artist
    Official Artist

    Female Posts : 122
    Join date : 2011-08-13
    Age : 22
    Location : Tennessee

    Re: Wild Mass Guessing

    Post by ChromaColors on Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:44 pm

    Theory Numero Cinco: The reason that the Bonnes were attacking
    Barrett is because they were after a refractor.

    The reason: I'm pretty sure that a refractor is needed to power the shuttle.

    Story: While Barrett is doing a digging run in the ruin in the demo, the Bonnes were doing the same. Eventually, they will run into one another in the refractor room. This would result in a fight and the Bonne's defeat.
    avatar
    MaestroMaharg
    DASH Designer
    DASH Designer

    Male Posts : 465
    Join date : 2011-07-19
    Location : Canada

    Re: Wild Mass Guessing

    Post by MaestroMaharg on Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:04 pm

    ChromaColors wrote:Theory Numero Cinco: The reason that the Bonnes were attacking
    Barrett is because they were after a refractor.

    The reason: I'm pretty sure that a refractor is needed to power the shuttle.

    Story: While Barrett is doing a digging run in the ruin in the demo, the Bonnes were doing the same. Eventually, they will run into one another in the refractor room. This would result in a fight and the Bonne's defeat.
    That sounds very probable.
    avatar
    LordGarza
    Official Writer
    Official Writer

    Male Posts : 425
    Join date : 2011-07-23
    Age : 23
    Location : Mexico

    Re: Wild Mass Guessing

    Post by LordGarza on Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:25 am

    Nice theories! I liked theory numero cinco. The one I find almost impossible is numero cuatro, because it's not really probable to happen, and it is a weird way to introduce the Bright Bat's mascot.

    ChromaColors
    Official Artist
    Official Artist

    Female Posts : 122
    Join date : 2011-08-13
    Age : 22
    Location : Tennessee

    Re: Wild Mass Guessing

    Post by ChromaColors on Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:23 pm

    Theory Numero seis: Barrett is neither a Protoman, nor a Zero reference; he is an Axel reference.

    The reason: JUST LOOK AT HIM!! And besides, I would love to see him in Axel-esque armor.

    Story: No story this time.
    avatar
    LordGarza
    Official Writer
    Official Writer

    Male Posts : 425
    Join date : 2011-07-23
    Age : 23
    Location : Mexico

    Re: Wild Mass Guessing

    Post by LordGarza on Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:04 am

    That one could be discussable with some points of view. Might be interesting...

    ChromaColors
    Official Artist
    Official Artist

    Female Posts : 122
    Join date : 2011-08-13
    Age : 22
    Location : Tennessee

    Re: Wild Mass Guessing

    Post by ChromaColors on Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:04 pm

    Theory Numero Siete: Barrett will pull a Kamina.

    The reason: AND IT SHALL BE GLORIOUS!

    Story: He rises to the air, with his boots aflame with glory, and as he hurtles towards the enemy he shouts,

    "WHO THE HECK DO YOU THINK I AM!?"

    ChromaColors
    Official Artist
    Official Artist

    Female Posts : 122
    Join date : 2011-08-13
    Age : 22
    Location : Tennessee

    Re: Wild Mass Guessing

    Post by ChromaColors on Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:36 pm

    Theory Numero Ocho: Barrell will die

    The reason: We need a tear jerker.

    Story: It will be through old age, him getting killed, or even both.
    avatar
    HBV-05-E Raiden
    Official Writer
    Official Writer

    Male Posts : 174
    Join date : 2011-07-19
    Age : 22
    Location : In your subconscience

    Re: Wild Mass Guessing

    Post by HBV-05-E Raiden on Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:15 pm

    I don't think anyone's gonna be dyin' in Legends. Legends, despite being a bit darker than the classics series, wasn't the type to openly say someone was dead, let alone leave such a gigantic hint towards it.

    ChromaColors
    Official Artist
    Official Artist

    Female Posts : 122
    Join date : 2011-08-13
    Age : 22
    Location : Tennessee

    Re: Wild Mass Guessing

    Post by ChromaColors on Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:21 pm

    HBV-05-E Raiden wrote:I don't think anyone's gonna be dyin' in Legends. Legends, despite being a bit darker than the classics series, wasn't the type to openly say someone was dead, let alone leave such a gigantic hint towards it.

    I know, it would be a bit too cruel.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Wild Mass Guessing

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:47 pm