Mission Project Boom Delayed for a Week!

Dashe
    V.I.P. Contributor
    V.I.P. Contributor

Female Posts : 120

Re: Mission Project Boom Delayed for a Week!

Post by Dashe on Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:58 pm

Hey, it's easy for you, you're fluent in both! Razz
    LordGarza
    Official Writer
    Official Writer

Male Posts : 425

Post by LordGarza on Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:03 am

I'd also like to see it in spanish Smile (Meexican here Very Happy)
    0Dash0
    Official Musician
    Official Musician

Male Posts : 53

Post by 0Dash0 on Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:11 pm

Honestly...I think the video is trash. The English is very hard to understand and as we all know, 90% of the American collective don't like reading subtitles, especially when it's to understand English.

Adrian, you'd be better off doing it in Spanish rather than in English, or just get someone who can speak English without the heavy Peruvian accent.

Other than that, it also seems too much like a gimmick. The music, the non-existent audience you cough to get the attention of, and a mug full of pencils and pens that serve zero purpose. Not to mention that last little bit at the end with your necklace. Most people who aren't apart of the movement will think this is an over-glorified joke.

Basically, lose the bullshit and be real about it. If this post has offended anyone, then so be it. But just how I am in the Music Dev, I aim to keep things in perspective. If everyone is sucking at your tits and saying it's great or amazing, then they're only being sympathetic to the cause, not the actual production or content of the video.
    LordGarza
    Official Writer
    Official Writer

Male Posts : 425

Post by LordGarza on Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:38 pm

0Dash0 wrote:Honestly...I think the video is trash. The English is very hard to understand and as we all know, 90% of the American collective don't like reading subtitles, especially when it's to understand English.

Adrian, you'd be better off doing it in Spanish rather than in English, or just get someone who can speak English without the heavy Peruvian accent.

Other than that, it also seems too much like a gimmick. The music, the non-existent audience you cough to get the attention of, and a mug full of pencils and pens that serve zero purpose. Not to mention that last little bit at the end with your necklace. Most people who aren't apart of the movement will think this is an over-glorified joke.

Basically, lose the bullshit and be real about it. If this post has offended anyone, then so be it. But just how I am in the Music Dev, I aim to keep things in perspective. If everyone is sucking at your tits and saying it's great or amazing, then they're only being sympathetic to the cause, not the actual production or content of the video.

Nice post there Roll Eyes . If this helps, I found out too much repetitive the part where he says MML3, RMD3 etc. Maybe it's because he is reading, but his eyes really seemed to look to his right (I think his computer's there). If we do get too strict in this, I'd suggest you say everything in the sending letter without pause. In the part "or maybe in spanish or in other language" it looks like you forgot what to say. I would opt to take out the necklace part as it looks like one of those bad TV programs here in mexico (Many bad ones you wouldn't imagine, AWFUL ONES! where it looks so damn false). Someone whose native language is english would be pretty much appreciated.
    Adrian2040
    Admin and Lead Director
    Admin and Lead Director

Male Posts : 648

Post by Adrian2040 on Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:26 pm

LordGarza wrote:
    0Dash0 wrote:Honestly...I think the video is trash. The English is very hard to understand and as we all know, 90% of the American collective don't like reading subtitles, especially when it's to understand English.

Nice post there Roll Eyes . If this helps, I found out too much repetitive the part where he says MML3, RMD3 etc. Maybe it's because he is reading, but his eyes really seemed to look to his right (I think his computer's there). If we do get too strict in this, I'd suggest you say everything in the sending letter without pause. In the part "or maybe in spanish or in other language" it looks like you forgot what to say. I would opt to take out the necklace part as it looks like one of those bad TV programs here in mexico (Many bad ones you wouldn't imagine, AWFUL ONES! where it looks so damn false). Someone whose native language is english would be pretty much appreciated.

I understand completely. I've never been really good with pronunciation in comparison to my old classmates (Who most acquired an amazing British Accent). I kept looking to the right (Left in the video) and just used a modified version of the script I was given. I didn't even cough in purpose.

Jake wanted it done fast, so I didn't have the time to make a better video for it with better pronunciation, no coughing and better planning. Both videos are unlisted and can't be seen unless you know the link. They are not my best work at all.

Besides, I was planning to do something different for the Project Legends video. This was mostly for LegendsNeverDie, but I didn't have a lot of time and it ended up horribly.

DASH Designer

Male Posts : 465

Post by MaestroMaharg on Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:40 am

I might not of used those exact words, but I, also, would like to see the video in spanish. Also, a little more to-the-point, and less humorous.
    Also, with some videos or clips of Megaman Legends 3: Prototype Version.

foiden
    Lead Musician
    Lead Musician

Post by foiden on Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:05 am

There's a definite saying. Especially with firsts. "Don't do it fast. Do it right." You also have to be specific to making an impression to be taken seriously. Sometimes, short and to the point, really works. However, I think having something of animation or footage would be way more of an impact. Alas, people can talk up stuff all the time, but people want to see something to take it seriously. We all know that people can say just about anything on YouTube. Especially now. So to make yourself distinct out there, you have to show results. That's the only true way. Right now, no one even knows there's a team in video. You don't want to come across like I'm just some guy here who wants to do a project, and I don't have anything but my own passion to back it up.

There's a saying about an order of things, I keep bringing up in the meetings. This is not just some saying. This is from experience with past entertainment projects. There's no real way around that, no matter how you try to go about it. If you can't get writing first for an intro, then something to storyboard it, time it, get the art-stuff done, you might as well hang up the project right now, because it's not going to move without it. That's as frank as I'll put it, because I've never seen something work without it. If those factors don't come together, the project is forever stalled. Be forthcoming, too. If there is something missing to move things forward, let folks know and ask for it.
    Adrian2040
    Admin and Lead Director
    Admin and Lead Director

Post by Adrian2040 on Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:38 pm

Just to make it clear: This was made as a request from Jake Hans for LegendsNeverDie and I was asked to do it in less than 8 hours. My grandmother's birthday was on that very same day.

I barely had time to pull something off. I'm not happy at all with the results either.

foiden
    Lead Musician
    Lead Musician

Post by foiden on Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:41 pm

Not to misunderstand, I know that the issue with that video was more to less reasonable demands. Just stating my feelings on going forward and that the "do it right, not fast" goes mainly to one who demanded that speed in the first place.
    Dashe
    V.I.P. Contributor
    V.I.P. Contributor

Post by Dashe on Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:54 pm

Honestly, there's a big enough chunk of Legends fans outside of Japan who speak Spanish as their first language to warrant a video in Spanish from I.S. If we can make other countries watch videos in English with subs, we can certainly watch subbed videos ourselves.

Plus, it'd do wonders for drumming up more overseas support. If Bahrain can get more than half a con's attendees to support Legends, we'd probably be doing all those Spanish speaking countries a disservice by not doing anything specifically to rally up support over there, too. You say you've got full on access to print materials, right? Why not buy some booth space at a con in Peru and do the same thing Rashed did in Bahrain? Do they have comic/gaming/anime conventions in Peru? I'd look it up myself, but I don't speak a lick of Spanish. It certainly looks like a large country.
    Adrian2040
    Admin and Lead Director
    Admin and Lead Director

Post by Adrian2040 on Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:45 pm

Well... The Otaku Fest should be starting in November...

V.I.P. Contributor

Post by Dashe on Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:30 pm

If this is the Otaku Fest you're talking about, it's actually at the end of October.

http://www.proyecto-otaku.com/portal/

I'd hurry up and find out if it's too late to get a booth there. If you have an essentially unlimited supply of printables at a major discount, then it'd be an absolute travesty if you couldn't make it to that event and spread the news. Actually, if anybody here who knows Spanish can find out what it costs (and how long you've got) to pay to set up a booth, as well as the price of admission, it'd be a big help to post it here for Adrian's convenience if he's busy in the meantime.
    Rockman Striker
    Official Artist
    Official Artist

Male Posts : 211

Post by Rockman Striker on Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:20 pm

Here's the complete info:
    http://www.proyecto-otaku.com/portal/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&id=56&Itemid=228

Cost:
    saturday S/. 60.00
    sunday S/. 40.00
    (No idea how much is that Excited )

Tickets at sale from monday august 15, in TELETICKET DE WONG, METRO Y BOTICAS&SALUD. and WWW.TELETICKET.COM.PE
    There's still time to buy some tickets, not sure if there are still available.
    Adrian2040
    Admin and Lead Director
    Admin and Lead Director

Post by Adrian2040 on Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:37 pm

Those are the entrance costs, not the costs to put a booth in it.

Thank you for the info, but I'm sure I can handle it from here.

Official Multitasking Developer

Male Posts : 47

Post by nikklament on Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:47 am

Be sure to let us know how getting a booth turns out!
    nikklament

Male Posts : 47

Post by nikklament on Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:50 am

On a related note, has anyone considered setting up a booth at this year's Nekocon? I personally can't set it up because I'm traveling with a group from my school, but if anyone else in the Virginia/Eastern North Carolina area could check that out, that would be really helpful!
    Leonel

Male Posts : 68

Post by Leonel on Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:05 pm

Wow a booth in otaku fest? I think it's over by now isn't it?
    It would still be a great thing to do, but leaving only Adrian to handle a booth of this very early project is a bit of an overkill.
    General Specific
    Lead Designer
    Lead Designer

Male Posts : 1059

Post by General Specific on Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:08 pm

More than over right now, lol. We've been needing some activity lately.

Let's not get nosy, bub.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:57 am