SOPA and PIPA

    Share

    ChromaColors
    Official Artist
    Official Artist

    Female Posts : 122
    Join date : 2011-08-13
    Age : 22
    Location : Tennessee

    SOPA and PIPA

    Post by ChromaColors on Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:51 pm

    As many of you know, two bills called SOPA and PIPA may be passed. These bills could prevent us from being able to do anything unless if we lived in the same area. Even then, we might not be able to post the download when we finish. Are there any petitions going on anywhere?
    avatar
    MaestroMaharg
    DASH Designer
    DASH Designer

    Male Posts : 465
    Join date : 2011-07-19
    Location : Canada

    Re: SOPA and PIPA

    Post by MaestroMaharg on Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:33 pm

    No offense, I've just been looking for an excuse to use this thing:
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Stop+SOPA&l=1

    ChromaColors
    Official Artist
    Official Artist

    Female Posts : 122
    Join date : 2011-08-13
    Age : 22
    Location : Tennessee

    Re: SOPA and PIPA

    Post by ChromaColors on Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:19 pm

    MaestroMaharg wrote:No offense, I've just been looking for an excuse to use this thing:
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Stop+SOPA&l=1

    Aww, thank you I love you ! You know, that could be very useful later on, if the law isn't passed. Have you signed a petition yet? I plan on signing each and every one I find!
    avatar
    MaestroMaharg
    DASH Designer
    DASH Designer

    Male Posts : 465
    Join date : 2011-07-19
    Location : Canada

    Re: SOPA and PIPA

    Post by MaestroMaharg on Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:25 pm

    ChromaColors wrote:
    MaestroMaharg wrote:No offense, I've just been looking for an excuse to use this thing:
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Stop+SOPA&l=1

    Aww, thank you I love you ! You know, that could be very useful later on, if the law isn't passed. Have you signed a petition yet? I plan on signing each and every one I find!

    I live in Canada, so I really don't have too much say in SOPA and PIPA since it's an American Bill; But despite that I still signed some petitions, while only using my name and e-mail address.

    There are tons of petitions going on, if you live in America, I encourage you to sign every one you see, and spread the word, both on the internet and in real life, especially since I can't do anything about it.


    avatar
    Adrian2040
    Admin and Lead Director
    Admin and Lead Director

    Male Posts : 648
    Join date : 2011-07-19
    Age : 24
    Location : Lima, Peru

    Re: SOPA and PIPA

    Post by Adrian2040 on Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:28 pm

    I actually posted updates about it in some other places. I don't know why I never posted anything either. Let me make a summary of the most recent events.

    - SOPA got modified to be weaker.
    - Obama mentioned his discomfort with the laws, but hasn't promised to veto them, yet.
    - Wikipedia, Reddit and others had a blackout on the 18th to protest.
    - There will be another blackout on the 23rd, including more important websites like Google and Facebook.
    - MegaUpload got shut down by the US Department of Justice and Universal Records, who also charged its founder for infringing copyright info.
    - Anonymous attacked the US Department of Justice and Universal Records for reasons I mentioned above.

    I didn't have any Internet Connection for almost the whole day, so maybe I missed some of the most recent stuff.


    _________________
    avatar
    Adrian2040
    Admin and Lead Director
    Admin and Lead Director

    Male Posts : 648
    Join date : 2011-07-19
    Age : 24
    Location : Lima, Peru

    Re: SOPA and PIPA

    Post by Adrian2040 on Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:21 pm

    Great News. SOPA is dead and PIPA followed.

    SOPA: Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., said he was postponing a test vote set for Tuesday "in light of recent events."

    PIPA: http://www.thedailygreenburgh.com/news/pipa-bagged-schumer-and-gillibrand

    However, the battle of the hackers for MegaUpload seems to go on.


    _________________

    ChromaColors
    Official Artist
    Official Artist

    Female Posts : 122
    Join date : 2011-08-13
    Age : 22
    Location : Tennessee

    Re: SOPA and PIPA

    Post by ChromaColors on Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:30 pm

    Adrian2040 wrote:Great News. SOPA is dead and PIPA followed.

    SOPA: Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., said he was postponing a test vote set for Tuesday "in light of recent events."

    PIPA: http://www.thedailygreenburgh.com/news/pipa-bagged-schumer-and-gillibrand

    However, the battle of the hackers for MegaUpload seems to go on.

    I heard that there are going to be sites that will replace Megaupload.
    avatar
    Adrian2040
    Admin and Lead Director
    Admin and Lead Director

    Male Posts : 648
    Join date : 2011-07-19
    Age : 24
    Location : Lima, Peru

    Re: SOPA and PIPA

    Post by Adrian2040 on Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:42 pm

    ChromaColors wrote:
    Adrian2040 wrote:Great News. SOPA is dead and PIPA followed.

    SOPA: Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., said he was postponing a test vote set for Tuesday "in light of recent events."

    PIPA: http://www.thedailygreenburgh.com/news/pipa-bagged-schumer-and-gillibrand

    However, the battle of the hackers for MegaUpload seems to go on.

    I heard that there are going to be sites that will replace Megaupload.

    MANY alternatives to MegaUpload already exist, but I'm pretty sure none of them are owned and/or managed by the same people.

    http://mashable.com/2012/01/20/sopa-is-dead-smith-pulls-bill/


    _________________
    avatar
    MaestroMaharg
    DASH Designer
    DASH Designer

    Male Posts : 465
    Join date : 2011-07-19
    Location : Canada

    Re: SOPA and PIPA

    Post by MaestroMaharg on Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:41 pm

    SOPA is dead as of yesterday! Woohoo!

    ChromaColors
    Official Artist
    Official Artist

    Female Posts : 122
    Join date : 2011-08-13
    Age : 22
    Location : Tennessee

    Re: SOPA and PIPA

    Post by ChromaColors on Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:17 pm

    MaestroMaharg wrote:SOPA is dead as of yesterday! Woohoo!

    Let us rejoice! I'm going to post some art in celebration when I'm done with my homework.
    avatar
    HBV-05-E Raiden
    Official Writer
    Official Writer

    Male Posts : 174
    Join date : 2011-07-19
    Age : 22
    Location : In your subconscience

    Re: SOPA and PIPA

    Post by HBV-05-E Raiden on Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:04 am

    Can't wait for it to come back in a couple of years with a new name!

    ChromaColors
    Official Artist
    Official Artist

    Female Posts : 122
    Join date : 2011-08-13
    Age : 22
    Location : Tennessee

    Re: SOPA and PIPA

    Post by ChromaColors on Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:30 am

    HBV-05-E Raiden wrote:Can't wait for it to come back in a couple of years with a new name!

    Hahah! That was funny.

    But you do have a point. Congress might keep at it for a while until either we win or they do. Hopefully not though.

    ChromaColors
    Official Artist
    Official Artist

    Female Posts : 122
    Join date : 2011-08-13
    Age : 22
    Location : Tennessee

    Re: SOPA and PIPA

    Post by ChromaColors on Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:57 pm

    My email claimed that there is a new post here, but I don't see one. Who just posted?
    avatar
    Adrian2040
    Admin and Lead Director
    Admin and Lead Director

    Male Posts : 648
    Join date : 2011-07-19
    Age : 24
    Location : Lima, Peru

    Re: SOPA and PIPA

    Post by Adrian2040 on Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:33 pm

    I'll just leave this here:

    http://gbatemp.net/topic/319117-the-bill-that-could-end-internet-privacy/


    _________________

    ChromaColors
    Official Artist
    Official Artist

    Female Posts : 122
    Join date : 2011-08-13
    Age : 22
    Location : Tennessee

    Re: SOPA and PIPA

    Post by ChromaColors on Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:37 pm

    Adrian2040 wrote:I'll just leave this here:

    http://gbatemp.net/topic/319117-the-bill-that-could-end-internet-privacy/

    Scary. Also, those pictures I promised will be in tomorrow, if I don't have too much homework.

    Sponsored content

    Re: SOPA and PIPA

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:51 pm